Powered By

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Welcome back Jem! Finally my 1st posting in years....

HDB CARPARKING really pisses me off....cant make up their mind whether it is red or white...kana composition fine of $50 for parking in a "season parking" lot at my house carpark -_-

Those people must be darn heck of a blind mice or night blindness.



Aniways here is my email to HDB.....

Attn: Lim Choon Cho

I would like to appeal on a notice letter (H1506205M) for a offense committed on 28/06/2010 on vehicle number SJH 6880B. It is for the offense of parking in a season parking place without possession of a valid season parking ticket on lot number 705.

There are a few things i would like to highlight in this email :

I went over to Lot 705 in the day and had a look at the lot whether it was a red lot. (apparently for season parking holders in the adjacent blocks, 425 and 424, they are being marked as season parking lots with a signboard located at the red parking lot area) The area where my vehicle was parked at was not, it was on a clear white lot 705. As my previous month, I was rejected for a season parking slot due to being late in applying for it, as a result i have been allocated to another carpark for my season parking which is totally inconvinent. I have also noticed that most of the white lots at night are vacant and yet HDB cannot do anything about it but say that the lots over here are filled.

I parked on that night with a full night coupon which was till 7am on the day itself. My question here is that, I did check on the signboard which stated that the red lots were for season parking holders (mon - sat, 7pm - 7am & sunda, PH are whole days). There are also indicators on the floors where by it is being marked out as season parking lots which clearly cannot be missed in the vacinity of the carpark itself. These areas are being marked as 100+ whereas the area where i parked my vehicle is from 600 + to 700 + (which are white parking lots).

There is clearly some contradiction in your policy here, unless otherwise, HDB is choosing to save up on labelling the remaining white lots into red season parking lots ( which i am being impeded for parking with a valid night parking coupon!) and it is also very misleading or rather thinking that vehicle owners coming to park in this area will "automatically know" that its for season parking. There is no clear indication/labelling/signboards in that area to show that it is meant ONLY for SEASON PARKING. It is a contradiction on your policy now, since the whole area is meant for season parking and vehicle owners are being impeded for parking in that area even if they put a valid parking coupon. Please do advise on how people driving to visit their friends/relatives in that area where to park their vehicles, since it is now a clear violation of the carparking regulation. And if this is true, it must be the same for all carpark lots in Singapore rather than only in PR5 Pasir Ris Drive 6. Then HDB should abolish all parking coupons since it is deemed useless and since all parking lots in areas like this would be SEASON PARKING.

I would also want to apprehend on the officer that issued this ticket whether he/she is given proper training or probably have a case of night blindness at that time of the day. As a resident staying here, I believe we have our rights to feedback and comment on what is right or wrong. If it is clearly a parking offense, we own up to our mistakes and take responsibility for it, but if it is not, i believe it is up to the authorities to do something about it.

Lastly, I would like to thank HDB for giving me only 3 days to try "to settle" on this notice offense without even giving me an offense ticket on that day itself and by just sending a letter which i received on 9th July, expecting me to settle the offense amount by 12th july. (HDB is closed on 10th and 11th - weekends) This clearly just goes to show why Singapore is such a fine country and hence our slogan "Uniquely Singapore!"

If my $50 can go a long way in providing HDB better service like labelling your parking lots better / provide better training to your carparking officers, then it is worth it :)

With all due respect and so much said, something really needs to be done.



~~ 3 cheers for HDB, Hip hip Hurray... more goondu years ahead~!

No comments: